Medium & High Voltage
Appselec’s services in the Australia 108 project included:
- Embedded HV rising up 100 floors, installed high-rise substations and completed full design and installation of HV reticulation.
- Appselec installed a private medium voltage (MV) distribution system within the building at Australia 108
- 11kV 1C 150-300mm2 Al CL2/XLPE cables were installed within a 2hr fire rated riser reticulating from ground floor MV switch room to substations located on level 12 and 68.
- Each substation comprised of 4 x 800KVA locally sourced dry type transformers.
- The 8 transformers converted 11KV to 415V feeding 8 1250amp main switchboards.
- A 1MVA generator located on Level 12 provides back-up power to MV network via a 1 MVA step-up transformer
Monash Translations Precinct
Appselec delivered the following for the Monash Translations Precinct:
- Modified / redirected and added to the embedded HV system at Monash Medical Centre Clayton.
- Set up a new substation into the existing HV ring main.
- Non-destructive digging to install HV reticulation to the new building.
- Shut down of a section of HV ring main, and change over to cut-in new substation while keeping the Monash Medical Centre / Hospital operational.
Epworth Box Hill
Appselec’s services in the Epworth Box Hill project included:
- Replacement of all existing HV switchgear to HV substation.
- Additional HV substation to new hospital roof.
- HV reticulation running between existing HV substation and new substation on roof.
- Cut-in of new HV substation and replacement of existing switchgear within an existing operating hospital.