Uninterrupted & Standby Power
Appselec delivered the following for Epworth Geelong:
As part of the development of Epworth Geelong, we designed and installed two 1,750-kVA standby rated diesel generators, complete with acoustic enclosures, fuel and exhaust systems.
- Complete automatic transfers switches, generator control panel to manage generator sets, do load control, via PLC
- Automatic load management system
- Two static 500-kVA UPS with 2-hour battery back-up
- UPS alarm system
An emergency power supply system (EPSS) was installed to monitor all components in the emergency power supply system, and to control and record test events and results.
Waterdale Road Aged Care for Bluecross
Appselec delivered the following for the Waterdale Road Aged Care:
Power installation for Waterfall Road Aged Care including:
- 64-kW UPS in an N+1 configuration
- 700-kVA three-phase diesel generator system
- Automatic transfer switches
- Acoustic treatments, exhaust and fuel systems
150 Collins Street - Westpac
Appselec delivered the following for 150 Collins Street:
- The co-generation power system for 150 Collins St encompassed a 394-kVA continuous rated electrical output gas fired co-generation plant, with heat exchangers.
- This co-generation plant was synchronised to the Citipower grid to reduce the peak demand of electricity on the network consumed by the building.
- The standby power generation system encompassed two 1675-kVA diesel generators.
- This standby generator plant automatically connects to the main switchboard and tenant switchboards in the event of loss of power to the mains to the building, and backs up 100% of building light and power load.
- The UPS System is 40-kVA with capacity for 30-min autonomy.